Sam Bankman-Fried isn't going down without a fight. The disgraced FTX founder on Tuesday pleaded not guilty on all counts, including multiple charges of fraud and conspiracy. 

Bankman-Fried, 30, is going a different route than his co-executives at FTX: Gary Wang, co-founder of FTX, and Caroline Ellison, CEO of Alameda Research, have both pleaded guilty. 

Indeed, there is widespread consensus that FTX's leadership engaged in criminal activity. Even current CEO John J. Ray III has described the situation as "old-fashioned embezzlement." 

The U.S. attorney of the Southern District of New York filed the charges in December, along with parallel actions from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).

Bankman-Fried is currently out of prison on a $250 million bail bond

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan has tentatively set a trial date of October 2nd. 

Share:
More In Business
Small grocers and convenience stores feel an impact as customers go without SNAP benefits
Some small grocery stores and neighborhood convenience stores are eager for the U.S. government shutdown to end and for their customers to start receiving federal food aid again. Late last month, the Trump administration froze funding for the SNAP benefits that about 42 million Americans use to buy groceries. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says about 74% of the assistance was spent last year at superstores like Walmart and supermarkets like Kroger. Around 14% went to smaller stores that are more accessible to SNAP beneficiaries. A former director of the United Nations World Food Program says SNAP is not only a social safety net for families but a local economic engine that supports neighborhood businesses.
Load More